Contact Us Today 561.342.1429

Have Questions About Investor Visas?

Investor visas are an important part of the economic growth of the United States. Investors from around the world continue to seek out opportunities in the United States.  Since 1990, these opportunities have also provided a path to U.S. citizenship through the EB-5 program, which allows certain investors to obtain lawful permanent residence (a “green card”).

The EB-5 program is available to investors who are already in the United States as well as those residing abroad.  No family ties or sponsors are required for an investor, their spouse, and unmarried children under the age of 21 to immigrate permanently.

With approximately 10,000 immigrant visas available for investors annually, 3,000 specifically set aside for Regional Center investors, your best opportunity for obtaining an investor visa is with the help of an attorney experienced in the process.   The process can be daunting, and attorney Jacqueline Delgado, Managing Partner of the Delgado Law Group, recommends that her clients prepare themselves for a process that may take over six months.  Planning is key in obtaining an investor visa, and she works with each one of her clients, step-by-step, to make sure every detail of the EB-5 or E-Visa application process is addressed.

There are options available to you, if you are seeking an investor visa, that may be beneficial to your particular circumstance.  At the Delgado Law Group, attorney Jacqueline Delgado has worked with multiple clients seeking investor visas through the EB-5 and E-Visa programs.

Frequently Asked Questions FAQ's ?

What does EB-5 stand for?

The investment immigrant visas — also called employment creation green cards — are the fifth employment-based category listed on the visa bulletin issued by the Department of State.  EB-5 is short for “employment-based fifth category.”

Is it necessary for me to choose a Regional Center or a project geographically near to where I plan to reside?

No, you can be involved in the management of the investment without being physically present at the site.  You may need to attend investor's meetings in person from time to time, but can likely otherwise participate by telephone or electronic means.

Can my family members immigrate with me?

Yes, spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 may also obtain their green cards via the primary investor's EB-5 petition.

How long does it take to get an EB-5 green card?

A good rule of thumb is to plan f0r processing to take about six months, although the actual time varies somewhat.  Prior to the expiration date on the initial green card, the investor and any family members must apply to have the conditions removed.

Which is better — the Regional Centers or the traditional $1,000,000 investment?

For most clients, the Regional Center route is a better fit.  The Regional Centers already have a framework in place for the management of the investment and the initial investment amount is lower.  However, some clients have already made an investment or have a different project in mind.

Contact Us Today

The Delgado Law Group is committed to answering your questions about immigration and naturalization in the United States.

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.